Thursday, August 15, 2013

More Bricks!


It's Tracey again. Greetings from South Africa! I was on this same trip last year and, wow, I must have gotten really old since then. I am so tired! Not sleepy tired (although there is that as well) but physically spent. This house building business is tough! Today went very much like yesterday - lots of bricks, lots of dugga, lots of work. The difference of today is that the house is nearly bricked. It is very exciting!

Tonight we had one of the Mosaic managers eat with us and join in a discussion after with a few of us. It was awesome. She was able to talk so much about South Africa and the problems and blessings here. I love those types of nights where you just learn so much and gain so much understanding. We also talked a lot about tithing. She explained her take on Godly wealth versus worldly wealth. It was equally amazing and humbling. I might have a few things to work on... ;-)

Tomorrow is another full day of building. I probably won't be able to move after the work day. I am experiencing something so different this time - but so much the same. I know the work that needs to be done this time, so I can think more about the atmosphere and the people here. In some ways that is awesome, in others it is really hard. There is so much sadness here. However, there is also joy that I have never experienced anywhere else. It is very emotional!

I am a little homesick. I miss my girls and my husband. But, having said that, I am so glad that I am here, doing this work. I am lucky and continue to be blessed!

PROGRESS PICTURES FROM TODAY





1 comment: